Beyond the endless loads of laundry, the spats over who took whose phone charger, the ever increasing grocery bills from four growing children, and the occasional stomach flu invasion… I have such appreciation for our blended family of six. Day after day it proves to be the biggest blessing. Boring doesn’t exist here.
So with that, I give you my list of thanks for this holiday:
1. I’m thankful our kids are at the age where we can watch tv and movies we both like instead of watching weird furry creatures singing annoying songs. They get as excited about Shark Tank as I do.
2. I’m thankful to all the beautiful women in the world that inspire me to work my ass out 6 days a week! Without you, I might eat cheese and baguettes all day.
3. I’m really thankful for hearing these things on a regular basis: “You’re the best mommy.” “You’re the best step mom!” “Our family rocks.” “Mommy, I love you.” “Baby, I love you so much.” and “You look really pretty today.” Especially when I need to hear it (which is like always).
4. I’m thankful for date nights every week.
5. I’m thankful for having amazing people on my team both personally and professionally and they (seem to be) accepting of my idiosyncrasies.
6. I’m thankful for that glass of wine at the end of the day.
7. I’m thankful for the long walks in the early mornings with Mike, where we totally inflate our egos with how awesome we did at blending our family. (high fives and fist pumps included)
8. I’m thankful that my family is Italian and that I get to eat my dad’s eggplant parmesan at Thanksgiving dinner.
9. I’m thankful that we are the house to come to if you don’t have a family to go to.
10. And I’m thankful to the nights that I can stay awake long enough to enjoy that second glass of wine.