For all reasons obvious, I’m going to write about romance and love stories. And I’m super super curious, do you and your current love or a past love fall into any one of these most popular love story formulas?
- Lies lies lies! One is sworn to secrecy and must hold important information about another. Ironically, amidst the unknown deception… they fall in love. When the secret is finally revealed, the lovers split. Will they come back together and forgive after they’ve come clean??
- The Sham. If it looks like a duck and acts like a duck…… then it must be…. chicken? In this plot, she looks like she’s refined and has it all together. She’s pretending to be someone she’s not and it’s just a matter of time that her suitor finds out she’s not totally the real deal. But, her intention and insecurity and vulnerability are just so sincere that he’s A okay with it. After all, she was trying to impress him. In fact, he prefers that she’s not one of the rich kids and kind of likes her offbeat, high-haired friend. Think Pretty in Pink.
- What Just Happened? You know the one where something totally fantastical happens, like a wish being made to be thirty already or being able to read another person’s mind. Sometimes you have to overcome something totally supernatural in order to achieve true love. (I really hope this is you. How cool!)
- Get Your Shit Together! This couple is so great together. They have so much fun and he is so perfect…. at the beginning. But, then after time went by, she realized that he might still be sixteen in maturity years. After too many drunken naked runs through the street and flakes on meeting her parents, she’s given up and they split. This is when he realizes that he must take responsibility of his life, grow the hell up and win her back. And doesn’t he look good all cleaned up?
- The Unlikely. He’s a super model with charm for days. She has no idea if she should wear the pink shirt with her red pants. She hasn’t stepped foot inside a gym since PE and he drinks kale shakes every morning after his 30 minute HIIT workout. She works in the mailroom. He’s her employer. Come on…. you already know this one.
- A la la la la la la long long time… They had good times. They had bad times. They had a five-year engagement. They were together ten years before he proposed. She was married before. He has five kids. She got ill. He lied to her. She had an affair. They hated each other. They forgave each other. They met when they were young, they found each other again. They just missed each other by a second and came back together. They were best friends for a long time. He was married to her best friend. They lived together… they died together.
So what’s your story? Tell me more! Tell me more!