I recently saw a quote on Instagram that read, “I had to forgive someone who wasn’t even sorry. That’s strength.” The concept of forgiveness can be a difficult one to grasp – especially in blended families where relationships have ended in pain. How do you forgive? When?
Forgiveness can relieve you of the burden of hate, anger, and pain so that you can move on. Because really, forgiveness is as much for you as it is for the person you’re forgiving. It allows you both to come away at peace, complete, and ready to take your next step.
Today, we’ll discuss how to forgive when the other person isn’t sorry. The thing is, you can’t let someone else or their actions determine how you go through life. At some point, you’ve got to make the decision to take control. Listen in to hear how boundaries, patience, vulnerability, and self-awareness all strengthen your ability to let go.
01:00 – 04:00 – Introducing today’s topic: Forgiveness
04:00 – 08:00 – The natural course of emotions and understanding that things take time
08:00 – 14:00 – Forgiveness as a process and boundaries
14:00 – 18:00 – The role of vulnerability and self-awareness when forgiving
18:00 – 21:30 – Final thoughts: Always be kind and join our community
- It takes strength to forgive someone who isn’t sorry.
- Let it go – hate and anger can consume you if you don’t.
- Things take time – it’s natural to go through an emotional process.
- It’s easier to forgive when someone is sorry – but that won’t always happen.
- It’s important to maintain boundaries with those who have hurt you in the past.
- Time can help you heal; be patient and allow it.
- Forgiveness is a process.
- Forgiving doesn’t compromise your character.
- Always be kind!
- “Forgiveness is a way to free yourself.” – Mike
- “I believe in the power of time.” -Summer
- “Forgiveness is a process.” -Summer
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If not, we would strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Everything Always
And now for the pretty please with a Bordeaux Maraschino Cherry on top. We would be so incredibly grateful if you left us a review on for Everything Always as well. This will help other parents and families like you find our podcast.
Plus, it’s fun for Mike and I to sit and read them together on date night! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell us your favorite moment and best take away and we will send a huge cyber hug and kiss right to you!