Mike and I took a bit of a hiatus, but we’re back at it and excited to share today’s topic: Staying connected. The truth is, whether in a blended family or not, it’s extremely important to stay connected to your partner through life’s ups and downs.
If you’ve been with your partner for a while, you know that it takes effort to keep your relationship fun, rewarding, and fulfilling. Without that effort, you or your partner can begin to feel resentful, unappreciated, and unhappy.
And it’s not all your partner’s responsibility. Each person needs to make the choice to have a successful relationship – and that choice comes with ownership, actions, and personal development work. Tune in to hear Mike and I reflect on the things we’ve learned, the things we’re working on, and the things that can help you, too.
01:00 – 03:30 – Introducing today’s topic: Staying connected
03:30 – 8:30 – What it takes to make a relationship succeed
08:30 – 14:00 – What Summer has learned about taking ownership
14:00 – 18:00 – Schedule private time with your partner
18:00 – 23:00 – Be nice to each other
23:00 – 26:30 – The takeaways
- Relationships take work.
- Set an intention to make your relationship positive, lasting, and fulfilling.
- A successful relationship is a choice.
- Challenges can make your relationship stronger.
- Know what makes the other feel appreciated.
- Take ownership of your behavior and communicate.
- Choose your attitude, change your world.
- Schedule private time with your partner – whether it be a vacation or a walk.
- Be nice to your spouse!
- Control your mind and don’t let yourself spiral into negativity.
- What you focus your energy and time on will get better.
- You’re not perfect – and neither is your partner. Love them anyway.
- “In life, anything that’s important requires attention, focus, and time to get better.” – Mike
- “Go into your relationships with intention.” – Mike
- “Be nice to each other.” – Summer
3 Interesting Clips:
- 3:37 – 4:27 – On what it takes to make relationships work.
- 16:21 – 17:22 – On taking responsibility for making your relationship better.
- 22:16 – 23:11- On communicating your feelings and calling yourself out.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If not, we would strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Everything Always
And now for the pretty please with a Bordeaux Maraschino Cherry on top. We would be so incredibly grateful if you left us a review on for Everything Always as well. This will help other parents and families like you find our podcast.
Plus, it’s fun for Mike and I to sit and read them together on date night! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell us your favorite moment and best take away and we will send a huge cyber hug and kiss right to you!