We hear the word narcissist thrown around a lot–especially in the world of divorce or breakups—and it has come to a point where this word is trendy and used a little too lightly. So today we’re going to sit down and talk about what narcissism really is, how to identify it, and the traits that people tend to misjudge as narcissistic.
Listen in as we break down the causes and signs of the disorder, as well as the types of people who are often targeted by narcissists. You’ll gain a better understanding of what’s really going on with narcissism and whether you or someone you know might actually be a narcissist.
1:00 – 5:54 – What narcissism is.
5:54 – 8:37 – Traits that are associated with narcissism.
8:37 – 23:30 – Identifying things that we naturally search for in life and comparing them to actual narcissistic traits.
23:30 – 33:12 – Traits that narcissists go after.
33:12 – 36:40 – The causes of narcissism and why it happens.
36:40 – 50:01 – A quiz to help you determine whether narcissism is present in you or someone else.
- The misconceptions around narcissism and the issue with this word being so trendy.
- Traits that are associated with narcissism that aren’t actually a sign of the disorder.
- The natural things we seek in life and how that can be exaggerated into narcissism.
- Actual traits of narcissists that you need to watch out for.
- What traits narcissists look for and how to identify where you might be taken advantage of.
- What causes and fosters narcissism.
- “A narcissist will look at someone who has empathy for someone else and see weakness.”
- “Watch out for people that are trying to put other people down in order to make themselves look better.”
- “The thing with narcissists is that their whole game in life is to be superior.”
3 Interesting Clips:
- 3:42 – 5:22 – Why we should be careful of misjudging people as narcissists.
- 10:17 – 22:16 – Significant traits of narcissists.
- 25:00 – 26:36 – Seeing where you can be taken advantage of by a narcissist.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If not, we would strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Everything Always
And now for the pretty please with a Bordeaux Maraschino Cherry on top. We would be so incredibly grateful if you left us a review on for Everything Always as well. This will help other parents and families like you find our podcast.
Plus, it’s fun for Mike and I to sit and read them together on date night! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell us your favorite moment and best take away and we will send a huge cyber hug and kiss right to you!