In a perfect world, you and your partner would be on the same page about everything when it comes to raising your children. But what happens if your parenting style clashes with your partner’s? Today I want to explain how you can find common ground with your significant other so you can raise your children without confusion or inconsistency.
Listen in as I share how to develop a parental partnership to help minimize the tension in the household and keep the focus on the best outcome for the family and your kids. You will learn the importance of focusing on each other’s strengths, being open to compromise, and more.
0:50 – 3:45 – Why you and your partner may not agree on parenting styles.
3:45 – 8:18 – How to divide the disciplining evenly.
8:18 – 12:00 – What to do when you clash.
13:00 – 15:48 – Why you should focus on each other’s strengths.
15:48 – 18:28 – How to find common ground.
18:28 – 21:50 – Tips for finding a parenting style that may work for both of you.
- Focus on your strengths.
- Find the common ground.
- How to fairly divide the disciplining.
- Understand your own parenting style.
- Support each other.
- “When you come together as a couple, what your partner did before can be something you just don’t agree with.”
- “Remember the love you have for one another and remember the respect you have for one another.”
- “Conflict leads to disconnect, especially when it’s unresolved.”
3 Interesting Clips:
- 3:45 – 4:16 – Why I hated it when I had to discipline his kids.
- 7:20 – 7:35 – What made me feel like it was setting us up for failure in parenting.
- 11:17 – 11:24 – Why it’s okay that you and your partner will most likely see parenting and step-parenting differently.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If not, we would strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Everything Always
And now for the pretty please with a Bordeaux Maraschino Cherry on top. We would be so incredibly grateful if you left us a review on for Everything Always as well. This will help other parents and families like you find our podcast.
Plus, it’s fun for Mike and I to sit and read them together on date night! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell us your favorite moment and best take away and we will send a huge cyber hug and kiss right to you!