Everyone is different in how they go about parenting, whether their approach is influenced by culture, upbringing, religion, age, or all of the above. So how do we decide how to raise our children, blended family or not? Today I will be discussing parenting styles, specifically the three different styles identified by psychologist Diana Baumrind.
Listen in as I share what research has shown to be the most effective parenting style, as well as how you can incorporate this into your home life to ensure you are providing a healthy environment for your children. You will learn the importance of setting clear rules for your children, how to work with your partner, and more.
1:20 – 4:35 – Three different parenting styles that you may fall in to.
4:35 – 8:44 – The most effective way to parent.
9:37 – 15:10 – What authoritative parenting entails.
15:10 – 20: 39 – The importance of working with your partner to set clear and consistent consequences.
- What can influence your parenting style.
- Three different parenting styles.
- The most effective parenting style.
- How to be more authoritative.
- The importance of clear and consistent rules.
- “This parenting stuff can get pretty complicated for step-parents.”
- “You know all of these sides to your children, but in those beginning years, when someone else is just meeting that child, they don’t know all of that yet.”
- “When it comes to having a style as a step-parent, we found that being kind, being approachable, and also being firm works really well.”
3 Interesting Clips:
1:44 – 2:00 – Why everyone is different in their parenting style.
4:35 – 5:20 – Which style of parenting has been found to be the most effective.
10:27 – 10:35 – Why in those early years, when you are first coming together and you are blending, it is best for the biological parent to be the main disciplinarian to their child.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If not, we would strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Everything Always
And now for the pretty please with a Bordeaux Maraschino Cherry on top. We would be so incredibly grateful if you left us a review on for Everything Always as well. This will help other parents and families like you find our podcast.
Plus, it’s fun for Mike and I to sit and read them together on date night! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell us your favorite moment and best take away and we will send a huge cyber hug and kiss right to you!