Maneuvering through difficult relationships—whether it’s with the kids or your ex-partner—is something many of us in blended families know all too well. It can be hard to know the right way to react when you are feeling ganged up on or taken advantage of. So here to help me dissect these topics and more is certified parenting expert and coach Dr. Sue.
Internationally recognized and specializing in high-conflict divorce situations, Dr. Sue is here to share her incredible advice for anyone going through a separation right now. Listen in to learn how to make amends after you have been alienated so you can avoid future conflict and be a part of your children’s lives again.
6:00 – 9:17 – How Dr. Sue got into this profession.
9:17 – 14:50 – Where parental alienation starts.
14:50 – 23:47 – How to make amends after you have been alienated.
23:47 – 34:05 – High conflict co-parenting.
34:05 – 48:11 – The importance of continuing to reach out to your child.
- How to deal with parental alienation.
- Where parental alienation starts.
- How to get back into your child’s life.
- The importance of consistency.
- Why you must take the high road.
- “When one parent loves themselves more than their children and uses the children as a weapon to hurt the other parent… in my mind they don’t really care about their child. They care about themselves.”
- “It’s very difficult to have an amicable divorce.”
- “You take the high road, always!”
3 Interesting Clips:
- 6:00 – 7:11 – Why Dr. Sue is so passionate about her work.
- 12:58 – 13:22 – Why kids empathize with the parent taking the “victim” role.
- 30:47 – 31:16 – What parental alienation coaching is really about.
- Dr. Sue: Website | YouTube
- Real Divorce Talk
- Everything Always Episode 40: Parental Alienation Pt. 1
- Everything Always Episode 41: Parental Alienation Pt. 2
- Connect with us: Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If not, we would strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Everything Always
And now for the pretty please with a Bordeaux Maraschino Cherry on top. We would be so incredibly grateful if you left us a review on for Everything Always as well. This will help other parents and families like you find our podcast.
Plus, it’s fun for Mike and I to sit and read them together on date night! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell us your favorite moment and best take away and we will send a huge cyber hug and kiss right to you!
Find the Everything Always Podcast wherever you listen!