Do you ever ask yourself why is there so much dang drama in your blended family? Whether it’s drama from your ex-spouse, or drama about money, dating, feelings, remarrying, custody, child support, conflicting parenting styles—the list can go on and on. So today, I’m addressing all of it.
Listen in as I open up the idea that you, or your spouse, or your ex, or even your kids may be addicted to drama, as well as what to do about it. I’ll be going into the science behind drama addiction, giving you hands-on advice to overcome it, and the tools to deal with getting pulled into others’ drama so you can feel aware, happy, and in control.
6:10 – 20:10 – The 11 signs of drama addiction.
20:11 – 23:04 – How to identify the signs within yourself.
23:05 – 33:12 – How to go about getting yourself un-addicted to drama.
33:13 – 34:33 – The magic that happens once you’ve overcome a drama addiction.
34:34 – 40:13 – Tips to keep cool when someone else brings you drama.
- The 11 signs that indicate someone is addicted to drama.
- Why someone might be addicted to drama.
- How to deal when someone else brings drama to you.
- Why drama does not empower you or anyone else.
- The 6 ways to get yourself un-addicted to drama.
- Why it’s important to learn from our drama addiction instead of being embarrassed by it.
- What box breathing is and how it can help with drama issues.
- How to give yourself grace overcoming a drama addiction.
- “We all think about the present and the future—that’s normal. But drama addicts will get consumed with the past.”
- “Drama addicts will fixate on how life could have been different instead of living in the now and focusing on what can be done now to make themselves a better life.”
- “Gossip is like the kid at an amusement park with unlimited tickets and unlimited money for candy.”
- “You cannot control someone else and how they react to something, but you can control how you respond.”
3 Interesting Clips:
- 10:55 – 11:54 – One of the most common traits of a drama addict.
- 22:10 – 22:55 – How drama steals from your life force.
- 24:14 – 24:52 – An easy way to get yourself out from under the drama addiction.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If not, we would strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Everything Always
And now for the pretty please with a Bordeaux Maraschino Cherry on top. We would be so incredibly grateful if you left us a review on for Everything Always as well. This will help other parents and families like you find our podcast.
Plus, it’s fun for Mike and I to sit and read them together on date night! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell us your favorite moment and best take away and we will send a huge cyber hug and kiss right to you!