Do you fear being judged or find yourself caring so much about what someone else may think that you change the way you act? Whether you are going through a divorce or separation, have started dating again, or even trying to make decisions about how you are going to raise your kids—people feel the need to insert their opinion on everything. So today, I am going to discuss how to stop caring about what other people think.
Listen in as I share the importance of only listening to the opinions of your trusted friends and family, as they will share insights that come from a place of caring. You’ll learn the seven mindset shifts to consider when you are feeling judged and why you have to do what feels right to you.
1:01 – 3:38 – How this episode is helpful for anyone who fears being judged.
3:38 – 5:39 – Who you should be taking opinions from.
5:39 – 6:15 – How caring too much about what others think will leave you feeling unfulfilled.
6:15 – 12:30 – Why you should not care what others think.
12:30 – 21:58 – Seven mindset shifts to consider when you are feeling judged.
- Why you can’t please everyone.
- The importance of doing what feels right to you.
- Why trusted opinions are still valuable.
- It’s not you—it’s them.
- You only have one life, so live it.
- “It is true that having trusted opinions from people in your life is a good thing, so when I say not care what people think, I am really referring to the people that are not elevating you.”
- “It’s your life to live, and it’s your business, not theirs.”
- “People that are not offering helpful advice but are also going out of their way to criticize you in a non-helpful way are most likely unhappy, and what they’re saying to you is a reflection of themselves.”
3 Interesting Clips:
- 4:23 – 4:44 – The importance of taking trusted opinions.
- 5:50 – 6:15 – Why we cannot worry about what everyone thinks.
- 15:04 – 15:37 – The amazing thing that happens when you do what feels right for you.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If not, we would strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Everything Always
And now for the pretty please with a Bordeaux Maraschino Cherry on top. We would be so incredibly grateful if you left us a review on for Everything Always as well. This will help other parents and families like you find our podcast.
Plus, it’s fun for Mike and I to sit and read them together on date night! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell us your favorite moment and best take away and we will send a huge cyber hug and kiss right to you!
Find the Everything Always Podcast wherever you listen!