In order to protect and thrive in your relationships, you need to set boundaries. This is something we have touched on before, but it’s a really key topic that people are asking us to discuss more in-depth, so today we’ll be diving deeper into why boundaries are important and how to set them up in your life.
Listen in to hear about important situations where boundaries need to be set and how they can improve—and save—relationships. You will learn what you are risking by not setting boundaries, the many ways they will improve your life, and what your goals should be when setting them.
1:10 – 11:16 – Why we’re covering boundaries again and situations where boundaries are important.
11:17 – 18:24 – The kinds of boundaries you should start creating.
18:25 – 24:44 – Why maintaining certain situations can damage your new relationships.
24:45 – 36:45 – Dealing with “nice person” or “people pleaser” syndrome.
36:46 – 48:00 – The overall goals of setting boundaries.
- How to protect your committed relationship through boundaries.
- Foundational things that validate your need for boundaries.
- How to be honest about your need for boundaries.
- Where to draw the line and create boundaries.
- The damage and discomfort that lack of boundaries creates.
- “Enforcing boundaries helps you protect and thrive in your blended family.”
- “When you decide to no longer be in a relationship, the benefits of it go out the door.”
- “This is your happiness on the line. That resentment will start to fester, and it just feels so much better to have your partner on the same page as you with creating those boundaries.”
3 Interesting Clips:
- 4:37 – 6:07 – The foundational facts of needing boundaries.
- 6:45 – 7:26 – Don’t say it’s okay unless you mean it.
- 18:25 – 19:43 – Why you can continue to care about your ex without solving their problems or relying on them.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If not, we would strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Everything Always
And now for the pretty please with a Bordeaux Maraschino Cherry on top. We would be so incredibly grateful if you left us a review on for Everything Always as well. This will help other parents and families like you find our podcast.
Plus, it’s fun for Mike and I to sit and read them together on date night! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell us your favorite moment and best take away and we will send a huge cyber hug and kiss right to you!