We’ve had so much positive feedback on our previous episodes about narcissism that we’ve decided to do another episode on the topic. Except this time, we’re flipping the script and talking about how to know you’re NOT a narcissist. If you’ve ever wondered about this, don’t miss today’s episode.
Listen in as we share what a narcissist is, as well as all the signs that indicate you probably have nothing to be worried about if you’ve ever wondered whether you fit the description. You’ll learn how to tell the difference between a narcissist and a plain old jerk (or someone who is just super driven to succeed), why there’s a spectrum of narcissism to consider, and more.
4:27 – 5:50 – What narcissism is and what we’ve covered in previous episodes on the topic.
5:51 – 17:50 – The signs that you’re NOT a narcissist.
17:51 – 18:23 – A quick recap of the signs that you’re not a narcissist.
18:24 – 19:49 – The grey area in the world of narcissism.
- The definition of narcissism.
- How to tell the difference between a narcissist and someone who is just a jerk.
- The science behind narcissism.
- Why there is a sliding scale of narcissism.
- How to tell that you’re NOT a narcissist.
- “The fact that you even have a concern that you might be a narcissist is a great sign that you’re not.”
- “Narcissists tend to have bad relationships behind them because they can’t make relationships work.”
- “They want to know that they could still have you if they wanted you, regardless of if they actually want you.”
3 Interesting Clips:
- 10:25 – 10:46 – How ego plays into narcissism.
- 14:17 – 15:45 – How narcissists often use therapy to further validate themselves.
- 16:30 – 17:11 – Why narcissists will continue to check in on ex-partners years after separation.
- Connect with us: Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
- Everything Always Episode 36: Mike and Summer Talk Narcissism
- Everything Always Episode 37: Co-Parenting with a Narcissist and Tips to Deal
- Everything Always Episode 53: Getting Real About Boundaries
- Everything Always Podcast Website
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If not, we would strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Everything Always
And now for the pretty please with a Bordeaux Maraschino Cherry on top. We would be so incredibly grateful if you left us a review on for Everything Always as well. This will help other parents and families like you find our podcast.
Plus, it’s fun for Mike and I to sit and read them together on date night! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell us your favorite moment and best take away and we will send a huge cyber hug and kiss right to you!