This episode is full of important insight on co-parenting, guilt when dealing with divorce, conflict with your ex, and so much more. Today I am joined by award-winning divorce attorney Renée Bauer, who is committed to helping people find peace and a sense of purpose in their new life after divorce.
Listen in to get some real golden nuggets on mindset, things you should know before moving in, and how your kids are feeling throughout the process. You will find inspiration and information from Renée’s valuable perspective on life-reinvention and all things to do with blending families.
0:54 – 4:44 – Introducing Renée Bauer.
4:45 – 7:27– Renée’s experience as an attorney and divorce educator.
7:28 – 12:59 – How to make co-parenting work.
13:00 – 16:40 – The truth about divorce-related guilt and shame.
16:41 – 28:27 – The mindset that allows you to thrive after divorce.
28:28 – 38:24 – The keys to successfully blending families.
- The importance of having a plan while going through—and getting through—divorce.
- How to respond to someone who is constantly picking fights.
- What really causes damage in divorce situations.
- How to deal with the guilt that comes with divorce.
- Getting past the hurt or dealing with the one who can’t.
- Why it’s okay to live happily even after divorce.
- Tips on saving time and money throughout divorce litigation.
- “When it comes to divorce and blending families, it’s like this infinite amount of things that can go wrong. It’s so much and it can be so overwhelming.”
- “What I tell people is that they don’t have to show up to every fight they’re invited to.”
- “It’s not divorce that damages the kids. The research is incredibly clear: it’s the conflict that causes the problems.”
3 Interesting Clips:
- 4:24 – 4:38 – The infinite amount of things to tackle and the overwhelm when dealing with divorce and blended families.
- 8:45 – 9:43 – How to avoid toxic energy and stay away from unnecessary fights.
- 11:40 – 12:13 – Why it’s not the divorce that damages kids—and what really causes the damage.
- Renée Bauer: Website | Instagram | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Connect with us: Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
- Happy Even After Podcast
- The D Course
- Everything Always Podcast Website
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If not, we would strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Everything Always
And now for the pretty please with a Bordeaux Maraschino Cherry on top. We would be so incredibly grateful if you left us a review on for Everything Always as well. This will help other parents and families like you find our podcast.
Plus, it’s fun for Mike and I to sit and read them together on date night! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell us your favorite moment and best take away and we will send a huge cyber hug and kiss right to you!