As the summer comes to end, it is around that time of year when families are normally getting ready for their children to go back to school. But given everything going on right now with the coronavirus, we are focusing less on the joys of back-to-school shopping and more on where and how our children are going to be educated. So today, we will be discussing distance learning and how to overcome the new challenges we are facing as we progress through this pandemic.
Listen in as we discuss what we as a family are doing and how our children are continuing their schooling through these unprecedented times. You will learn how to communicate with your partner or ex-partner about the best course of action to take for your children, the importance of assessing your children’s happiness as well as their safety, and more.
3:33 – 8:05 – The stressful realizations we are facing as the school year is nearing.
8:05 – 13:43 – Different challenges families are facing with schooling during a pandemic.
13:43 – 16:49 – What we are doing within our family for schooling.
17:49 – 21:07 – How to decide the best course of action for your children.
21:07 – 29:53 – Why consulting an attorney or mediator may be beneficial to you throughout this decision.
- Consult with your attorney or make a formal agreement.
- Assess the safety and the happiness of your children.
- Put your family first.
- “In all things, change is hard.”
- “The safety of your kids should be number one.”
- ”You can only do your best. You can only control what you’re doing.”
- “Do the thing. Give more, take less. Be more flexible. Put your kids first, and then things will probably be okay”
3 Interesting Clips:
- 6:20 – 6:39 – The benefits of going to school.
- 9:20 – 10:40 – Different challenges you face as a blended family when discussing distance learning.
- 19:04 – 20:30 – Where your frame of mind should be when making big decisions.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If not, we would strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Everything Always
And now for the pretty please with a Bordeaux Maraschino Cherry on top. We would be so incredibly grateful if you left us a review on for Everything Always as well. This will help other parents and families like you find our podcast.
Plus, it’s fun for Mike and I to sit and read them together on date night! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell us your favorite moment and best take away and we will send a huge cyber hug and kiss right to you!