If the word “divorce” is anywhere in your life, then this is definitely an episode you’ll want to make sure you tune in to hear! Love and empowerment coach Jennifer Joy Butler joins us today to share how she helps women who are going through a divorce or breakup to really love themselves and create the life that they deserve.
Jennifer is going to completely shift the way that you think about divorce or breakups, whether you’re only contemplating it or are years past it. She’ll be sharing how to find your power through a divorce, how to avoid being crippled by it, and how to learn to love and embrace yourself through the hardship. By the end of this episode, you’ll be inspired and ready to embrace your freedom fully.
3:45 – 7:49 – How Jennifer used her divorce experience to become a love and empowerment coach.
7:50 – 11:59 – How to get through a breakup without feeling crippled by it.
12:00 – 17:46 – What radical responsibility is (and why it matters).
18:43 – 22:29 – How to consciously uncouple, even when keeping things civil is the last thing you want to do.
22:30 – 25:54 – How to overcome being triggered by the past in a new relationship.
25:55 – 29:00 – Why doing the work is a forever process.
29:01 – 32:50 – Why community is so important and how to find yours.
- How to find empowerment through your breakup.
- Why we need to look inward when feeling resentment toward someone else.
- How our childhood can affect our relationships today.
- Why community is so important during a breakup.
- How to take radical responsibility for our part in our breakups.
- How to consciously uncouple.
- “I know for a fact that no matter how big or hard or awful the challenge is in front of you, you can relate to it in a way that empowers yourself and expands your heart.”
- “The only way that we can take our power back and actually be the source of our own healing is if we stand in this place of getting real about how we created this.”
- “I truly believe that when you feel resentful towards somebody else, it’s actually a reflection of something you need to forgive in yourself.”
3 Interesting Clips:
- 8:55 – 10:00 – How Jennifer came to shift her perspective and view her divorce as a source of empowerment.
- 15:11 – 17:12 – How habits and beliefs from our childhood affect our relationships today, including our relationship with ourselves.
- 27:45 – 29:00 – Why you should fall in love with being messy and embrace your flaws for everything beautiful that they are.
- Jennifer Joy Butler: Website | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- The Thrive After Divorce Community
- Connect with us: Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
- Everything Always Podcast Website
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If not, we would strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Everything Always
And now for the pretty please with a Bordeaux Maraschino Cherry on top. We would be so incredibly grateful if you left us a review on for Everything Always as well. This will help other parents and families like you find our podcast.
Plus, it’s fun for Mike and I to sit and read them together on date night! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell us your favorite moment and best take away and we will send a huge cyber hug and kiss right to you!