Most of the time when you hear people talk about bullies, they’re referring to the typical schoolyard bullies, but the truth is that bullies come in all shapes, sizes, and ages. So in this episode, we’re diving into a different kind of bully: the adult bully.
Listen in as we talk all about how to know whether you’re dealing with an emotional bully and share some tools you can use to overcome the bullying. You’ll learn steps you can take to protect your relationship with your kids in spite of a contentious co-parenting relationship, why you need to stop apologizing just to keep the peace, and some things you need to let go of for your own sanity.
6:50 – 9:44 – How to co-parent with a high conflict personality.
9:45 – 15:30 – What bullying can look like in a co-parenting relationship.
15:30 – 21:29 – What you can do if you are being bullied.
21:30 – 23:39 – Why bullies do what they do.
23:40 – 27:09 – How to look for the silver lining amidst the chaos.
27:10 – 31:39 – How to protect your relationship with your kids.
31:40 – 35:25 – A note about apologizing only when necessary.
- You cannot control someone else.
- Not everyone who is rude is a bully.
- The true intention of a bully is to bring you down.
- Don’t engage.
- Your relationship with your kids is most important.
- Stop apologizing to keep the peace.
- “You’re going to get really frustrated if you think you can control someone else.”
- “You cannot control a bully. You cannot change a bully. The only thing you can do is to keep yourself calm and level-headed.”
- “A bully is fuelled by this chaos and negative emotion.”
3 Interesting Clips:
- 10:30 – 11:30 – One of the biggest signs of a bullying relationship with a co-parent.
- 20:00 – 21:30 – How to use disengagement as a de-escalation tool.
- 32:45 – 34:40 – The difference between apologizing when it’s the right thing to do and when you’re just trying to keep the peace.
- Connect with us: Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
- The Four Agreements – A Practical Guide To Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Everything Always Podcast Website
Subscribe & Review in iTunes!
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If not, we would strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Everything Always
And now for the pretty please with a Bordeaux Maraschino Cherry on top. We would be so incredibly grateful if you left us a review on for Everything Always as well. This will help other parents and families like you find our podcast.
Plus, it’s fun for Mike and I to sit and read them together on date night! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell us your favorite moment and best take away and we will send a huge cyber hug and kiss right to you!